I’ve seen people doing videos regarding what’s in their backpack, so I thought I would do a blog post instead. These are the essential items I bring with me when I go out to write:
- My backpack! I got this off of Amazon for around $30 it has enough space for my needs, and then some. The thing that drew me to it (besides the roominess) was probably the USB port where I could charge my phone on the go. Not totally sure if it’s TSA approved…
- Most of the time I will use my iPad just because it’s more compact. With my iPad, I use my Bluetooth keyboard from Logitech; I absolutely love this thing. The case for the keyboard doubles as a stand so you’ll never forget to bring it. One of the main things that drew me in though was that it takes batteries instead of having to be charged.
- I have to have some sort of music going while I am writing so that’s where my phone and Bluetooth headphones come in handy. I found some good stations on Amazon Prime Music that are my go to for when I write.
- I always have a notebook and pens with me wherever I am going, but the Rocketbook Everlast Smart Notebook I found is unlike any other; it’s reusable! You use a page, mark one of the seven symbols on the bottom of the page, take a picture of your work, and it sends it to whatever website you correlated the symbol you marked. So, for example, if I put an X on the diamond and take a picture it will automatically send it to my Dropbox folder titled, “sermon notes.” When you’re all done take a paper towel with a little water on it and wipe off the page!
- And last, but certainly not least, my Scrivner app. I couldn’t write without this app it helps me keep my story, characters, and outline organized and I can set word count goals for each scene, chapter, and whole novel. When I set a word count for my whole novel I am then able to set a date that I would like to complete my novel on, and it will calculate how many words I need to write daily to achieve that goal. The other thing I like about it is that it I can write on my iPad and then sync it, and continue writing over on my computer. I did buy it for both my iPad ($19.99) and Mac ($45), so it will set you back about $64.99, BUT it is a one-time price, so you won’t be charged ever again. If you’re interested in more information on Scrivener check out their website: https://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php
What’s in YOUR backpack?
**I would love for you to join my Facebook group called, Christian Writers Guild. It’s a place for LADIES ONLY to receive encouragement, feedback on their writing, and help. Whether you’re a new writer or published author I hope that you will find this group to be helpful. Please be sure to answer the three questions after you request to join.**
This post may contain Affiliate Links. Thank you for your support!